SITE DIRECTOR - BIRMINGHAM, ALJEFFERSON County – BIRMINGHAM Site
Job Title: Birminghnam Site Director
Location: Birmingham, AL
Supervisor: Executive Director
Purpose: The Birmingham Site Director (BSD) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for HIM’s staﬀ, programs, and execution of its mission in Birmingham, Alabama. The BSD will initially develop a deep knowledge of the population we serve, our methods for how we serve, and daily operations. The position reports directly to the Executive Director.
Leadership & Management:
- Ensure ongoing local programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of ﬁnance and administration, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic
- Actively engage and energize HIM volunteers, board members, alumni, partnering organizations, volunteers, and
- Lead, coach, develop, and retain HIM staﬀ.
- Ensure eﬀective systems to track progress and regularly evaluate program components, so as to measure successes that can be eﬀectively communicated to the Executive Director, board, funders, and other
- Report key operational metrics to the Executive Director with input and solutions as to how to address areas that fail to achieve established
Fundraising & Communications:
- Assist the Executive Director in overseeing and expanding local revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program
- Deepen and reﬁne all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger
- Develop a systematic method for transitioning new volunteers into potential
- Use external presence and relationships to garner new
Planning & New Business:
- Continue implementing the Strategic Plan and make recommendations and operational changes that allow HIM and staﬀ to successfully achieve its
- Spend time outreaching to local organizations, businesses, churches, to begin to build relationships with potential new
The BSD will be thoroughly committed to HIM’s mission. All candidates should have proven leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience.
Speciﬁc requirements include:
- Bachelor Degree (Master’s Degree Preferred) with at least 3 years of management experience; track record of eﬀectively leading an outcomes-based organization and staﬀ; ability
to point to speciﬁc examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth. Bachelor’s Degree may be substituted with experience based on an individual’s identiﬁed qualiﬁcations.
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and qualitative and quantitative program evaluation.
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staﬀ, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
- Ability to work eﬀectively in collaboration with diverse groups of
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
Must possess a valid Driver’s License and personal vehicle insurance. Employee may also transport students to and from appointments in personal vehicle.
This is a full-time position eligible for beneﬁts as detailed in the Hope Inspired Ministries Policies and Procedures. Some evenings and weekends may be required.
$44,000 – $50,000
Morality Clause: An employee of Hope Inspired Ministries (HIM) can be dismissed due to any serious act of misconduct by employee, including (but not limited to) an act of dishonesty, theft or misappropriation of HIM property, moral turpitude, insubordination, or any act injuring, abusing, or endangering others or bringing public shame and/or ridicule to HIM.
Please emal cover letter and resume to John Bowman, Executive Director, @ JBowman@hopeinspiredministries.org
DEADLINE TO APPLY: November 13, 2020