CAREER COACH LOWNDES COUNTYLowndes County – Hayneville Site
Job Title: Career Coach
Location: Lowndes County – Hayneville Site
Supervisor: Site Director
Purpose: Provide holistic and comprehensive case management and career coaching services to all students including: intake assessment, development of short-term and long-term goals, development of realistic career plans, effective progress monitoring, and general advocacy and referrals regarding all issues related to obtaining and maintaining gainful employment.
- Conducts initial student intakes and interviews and other administrative duties where needed
- Participates in community outreach, as needed, to referral agencies, local businesses, and other stakeholders to promote HIM’s mission and recruit potential new students, volunteers, and internship providers
- Ensure all barriers to current and future employment are identified (i.e. necessary documentation, legal issues, etc.)
- Develop action plans for students that will guide and direct them to overcoming these barriers and notify supervisor in a timely manner of any barrier that will prevent the progress of a student
- Ensure classroom and office supplies are on hand (paper, pens, appointment slips, poster board, snacks, drug screens, bus passes, etc) by maintaining inventory of such and placing orders to replenish in a timely manner
- Provide advocacy for students who run into barriers that they cannot overcome on their own such as with supporting agencies, legal issues, chemical dependency treatment, etc.
- Maintain excellent recording keeping and document all areas of concerns and subsequent plans of action
- Coordinate with the instructor on all plans of actions for students in order to keep the instructor fully informed
- Facilitate Instruction as needed in all areas of the curriculum
- Provide all required reporting documentation to the supervising agent in a timely manner, which may include client follow-up, outcome evaluation, client contact sheets, and evaluations
- Actively participate in regular staff meetings, staff training programs, supervisory sessions, and accept responsibility for aiding the development of positive team relationships
- Maintain relationships with and contact information for mentor and lunch provider volunteers
- Coordinate with and schedule lunch provider volunteers for EVERY scheduled class day
- Work with Lead Instructor to coordinate guest speakers, mentors, and other volunteer activities
- Respond timely to all new volunteer inquiries via phone and/or email and encourage volunteer engagement
- Schedule volunteers for other duties as needed such as tutoring, guest teaching a class, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services field preferred; A minimum of 2 years case management or social service experience can be substituted for degree.
- Experience working with individuals in poverty and/or those suffering from mental health issues and/or addiction.
- Must have a culturally sensitive approach to rendering services and be knowledgeable of the issues, challenges, behaviors, and thought patterns faced by people in poverty.
- Self-motivated to identify barriers and assist students with breaking down those barriers
- Keen knowledge of community resources and counseling/social work practices with high risk populations
- Computer Proficiency – Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving skills
Travel Requirements: Must possess a valid Driver’s License and personal vehicle insurance. Although, there is a company vehicle, employee may also transport students to and from appointments in personal vehicle.
Hours: This is a full-time position eligible for benefits as detailed in the Hope Inspired Ministries Policies and Procedures. Some evenings and weekends may be required.
Salary Range: $29,000 – $34,000
Benefits: Individual Health Coverage paid for by organization, access to 401K and Life Insurance Plans after 90-day probationary period.
Morality Clause: An employee of Hope Inspired Ministries (HIM) can be dismissed due to any serious act of misconduct by employee, including (but not limited to) an act of dishonesty, theft or misappropriation of HIM property, moral turpitude, insubordination, or any act injuring, abusing, or endangering others or bringing public shame and/or ridicule to HIM.